June 12, 2012

Glass Taster

Good Morning!! It is gloomy, rainy, and humid here in Winchester. So, I woke up at 4:30 this morning so I could record my first speech for my class. I thought oh yeah this speech (which is a max of 4 minutes) should take me no time at all to record and then I can go back to sleep for a bit. If I didn't have to work today I probably would have stayed awake even though I didn't go to bed until midnight. So anywho, a 4 min speech turned in to a ONE HOUR event. Ugh!!!! It literally took me about 20+ tries to get it right. LOL!! BUT I finally finished. And the funny thing is I think the class is all nervous too. There are 23 people in our class and the assignment is due in 2 days - only me and one other person has submitted it. With online classes people usually work ahead because all the assignments are already posted (at least that is the case with most classes).  But not this class, seriously people are waiting until the last minute to turn in their work.  Once I overcome my fear I am going to try and totally work ahead and maybe even finish the class early.  That would be AWESOME!!!!  It was weird with the speech I recorded this morning, my first try I was a little nervous, by try number 3 and 4 I felt really relaxed and at ease (but in the back of my mind nervous that my kids were going to wake so I was rushing and that is why I messed up) but by try number 10 and beyond I was like shaking and rushing and stumbling over my words.  It was really frustrating.  I must say if I learned anything it is practice, practice, practice.  I sort of practiced the first half of my speech yesterday so I was a champ at that part of the speech, where I kept messing up was the second half, the part I didn't practice.  LOL!!  Oh well, I learned from my mistake.  :-)

Ok, well today I have another fabulous LO to share with you.  The projects this month (well actually every month they are) are amazing and totally inspiring.  I sure hope you have been inspired.  I am not sure if you visited yesterday but I mentioned there are a few scrapbook kits left.  :-) 

MISSY
Adorable photos. And the LO is simply delightful!!  :-)  Be sure to stop by Missy's blog for more details and inspiration.  :-) 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

But you DID IT!!!!!! That's all that matters!!!! Good for you!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Missy's lo!!! Those photos are adorable and loveeeeeeeeeeee the title!!

Karen B. said...

Ca-hute layout! Congrats on making it through your first speech!

Debbie said...

One down and the rest should come easier! Don't be so hard on yourself, I know you can do it!!! Love Missy's layout!

Georgiana said...

This is a super cute layout with a fabulous title! Going to leave Missy some kind words.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations