September 12, 2010

Holly Jolly?

Edit: I made a little correction to today's card. I felt it was a bit plan on the top of the card and I saw a Birthday over at Karen's blog where she layered the Poinsettia. I am not sure why I didn't think of that before. LOL! But I thought I would change my card up a bit and see how I liked it and I think it filled in the top of the card a little bit better. So I have a before and after picture of the card.

I can't believe I am thinking about Christmas. I know most of you have already and have also probably made a ton of Christmas cards. For me making a card in September is weird but last year I think I waited until November-ish and then it left me stressing about getting them all done.

What better way to kick off my Christmas card making than to use a brand new stamp set from Practicing Creativity Designs. This stamp set is super cute. It has a bunch of great sentiments and several very beautiful images.

Before

After
I have also decided that outdoors are not for me with taking photos of my cards and projects. In the first card you can't even see the score lines on the front of the card.

The Pretty Poinsettia is from Squigglefly. I used some stickles to go around the edges of the flower as well as around the "Christmas" sentiment. My picture really turned out a bit crappy. Sorry about that. I may take a new one later today. It was a bit windy when I took this picture and I had to be quick about it. I don't think you can tell in this picture but the "have a holly jolly" is stamped with red and green ink. Hope y'all have a great Sunday!

The Christmas Wonder stamp set by Practicing Creativity Designs can be purchased at Artfuldelight along with all of PCD's stamp set.

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

These two go so wonderfully together! Fabulous design.

Maureen Reiss said...

Sooo pretty!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the bling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

April said...

What a pretty card!
- April W