July 23, 2010

The Beach

edit: I just realized that I uploaded the wrong picture. I have uploaded the correct one.

During my daily blog hopping I ran across a fabulous gallery and website. It is called snapNcrop.com. Oh my I was blown away at all the wonderful LO's I saw. The layouts were all in Mosaics. I though, oh how super cool! I thought I would give it a try. So I bought the 12x12 grid paper that they sell.

I received the paper the other day but didn't get to make or finish the LO until today. I will say that without a 1 inch punch or the grid mat that is designed to help cut the squares, it was a bit challenging but I made due with what I had. I may buy the mat or a punch in the future. But anywho here is my LO:
Alright, go easy on me. I know some of the squares are crooked. But seriously without the proper tools, half way through this LO my head was starting to hurt. I really think this technique is super cool and you can mix and match how you lay out the page but really my exacto knife and ruler just didn't ease the work.

Hope you like it! And don't forget to get your entries in on my giveaways! Click here or here to enter!

Happy Crafting!!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I have a couple of grid templates and just never had the patience to try it. Kudos to you for getting it done! Love the pictures!

Karen B. said...

This is cool. I don't really see the crooked squares.

Kelly Massman said...

Love it! I love that our work doesn't have to be perfect (though I couldn't tell that yours isn't)! I think the name of my blog says it all: "Uniquely Me, Imperfections and All" It's hard for us Type As to accept that...that is why I named my blog as I did--to remind myself that it's ok.. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is super cool!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is soooooooooooo cool!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Susan S said...

really cool - don't think I'd have the patience to do something like this :)

Marlene said...

Your squares look pretty straight to me!!!! I've got some of this paper, but I've never had the gumption to try a layout like this - intimidating!! You've done a fantastic job!

sucor said...

Wow, love it, and you did an awesome job!

D said...

Your layout is amazing!!! So much work must have gone into it, but It is so worth it!!! (At least I think so, lol!) You should frame it, it's that cool!!! By the way I posted the door hanger I made on my blog and made a reference to your blog :) You have almost 200 fans now! WTG :)