May 22, 2010

Would you like to Zentangle?

I have never heard of this technique before but I feel certain I have doodled like this before. Over at SCS the challenge WT271 was to Zentangle. I had to google it and watch a couple youtube tutorials but I quickly caught on and it is mildly addicting. LOL!

I originally wanted to make a 3x3 square and make it my focal point but it was a bit big and bulky since I was using like a chipboard coaster. So after I Zentangled on the square I used my Big Shot and one of my Bigz dies and cut out a flower and made that as my focal point. Here is my card:


I think it turned out pretty cool. The stamp set is from Basic Grey, I'd Pick You. I used a Kraft card base and Mambo Melon layer. I inked the stem with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink as well as Pink Passion and Old Olive Stampin' Write marker to color in the small flowers.
I certainly will be Zentangling again! :-)


Supplies:

Stamp: I'd Pick You (Basic Grey)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Old Olive and Pink Passion Stamin' Write markers (SU)

Paper: Kraft and Mambo Melon cardstock (SU)

Misc: 3x3 coaster (Chic n' Scratch)


Happy Crafting!!

No comments: