May 6, 2010

PPA41 - An Inspiration Challenge

I haven't been able to create as much as I would have liked to lately. My mojo is on the fritz this week. I sit at my craft table and start cutting and stamping and trimming and layering and end up with a mess and a headache. I am not sure if I am not getting enough sleep or that my space is too messy. Maybe both. When I was in my groove I had a clean work space and didn't feel frazzled looking for things.

Anywho, today's card was made for my mom. I need to get it in the mail today. And thanks to Pals Paper Arts Inspiration Challenge I was able to crank out a card. I kinda took it as a color challenge even though it could have been anything, from the pictures to colors... it was whatever inspired you (well me or you if ya wanna partake in the fun). I probably should have been inspired by the pictures because color challenges are a little out of my comfort zone.

Ok really, enough rambling from me for today (lol).

Here is the Inspiration:




And here is my card:

So as I said I went for a color challenge and used several colors from SU. Oh goodness the only color name I can remember is So Saffron and the card base that is Kraft. Not sure which red, green or blue those are. I used a woodgrain stamp on the white squares and clear embossed them. The butterflies are from SU, Flight of the Butterfly set and I used the butterfly punch, also from SU. I inked 3 of them with Black Stazon and the red one I inked with Ruby Red classic ink from SU. The solid black butterfly I used heat and stick powder to add some glitter. I paper pieced the square in the middle that holds the Happy Mother's Day sentiment.

And there you have it. You know after thinking about I think this is the first card I have made that I didn't use any PP. Kinda strange for me. LOL!

Supplies:

Stamp: Flight of the Butterfly (SU) and Misc Happy Mother's Day stamp (bought off eBay)

Ink: Ruby Red (SU), Black Stazon and Versamark

Paper: variety of SU cardstock

Misc: Martha Stewart glitter and Butterfly punch (SU)

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Such a cute card! I love your interpretation of the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your butterflies! Very cute card - thanks for joining us at PPA!