April 28, 2010

Sketch Challenge - SSS53


Take two.....LOL, that's how many cards I made to get the finished product for this sketch challenge. For starters I am a bit of a perfectionist. If I was just making the cards and throwing them away then maybe it wouldn't be a big deal but I give them away to family and friends and I am also trying to sell some of them. Second I am a beginner at sewing and you will soon see that I did some stitching around the edges. First shot, yeah it wasn't so straight. LOL!

One thing you will soon figure out, if you haven't already is that most of my posts are going to be a challenge of some sort. It helps keep the juices, in my brain, flowing and it also keeps me posting. Gives me some deadlines and such. I have 4 kids that keep me pretty busy and I try to craft but without "a challenge" I sometimes will get off track. So without further blabbing here is the sketch:

This is from The Sweet Stop, Sketch Challenge 53. In my favorites I have a folder with all the "challenge blogs". Sometimes several blogs have challenges on the same day so I usually pick one and try to participate. As much as I would love to make several cards and participate in several sketch challenges, it just isn't possible.
So here is my card:


Oh how I love the Basic Grey's Kioshi Collection. All the pattern papers are from Basic Grey. The card base is Kraft from SU and measures 5x5. The white layer is also from SU and it is the Shimery White. I used my sewing machine and stitched a border. My first card started well was going to end without it and it looked too plain. So after the card was all put together I attempted the stitching. It would have looked great if I could stitch in a straight line with an audience. My daughter and boyfriend were all watching me. I used Ribbon Doilies from the Kioshi collection too (that is the flower doilie border overlapping the purper PP), those are super cute. They are self adhesive and come with 3 different ribbons. The fairy and sentiment are from SU's clear mount set called A little Bit of Magic available May 1 in the Summer Mini. I colored the fairy in with my blender pens and SU ink.



Supplies:
Stamp: A little Bit of Magic from SU available May 1

Ink: Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red from SU, Black Stazon and Colorbox Chalk Inks

Paper: Certainly Celery, Shimmery White and Kraft cardstock from SU, Pattern Paper from Basic Grey's Kioshi Collection

Misc: Ribbon Doilie and Bloomers from Basic Grey's Kioshi Collection




**If you would like to purchase any of those Basic Grey products or other paper crafting products, check out my store - Artfuldelight.com**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your card looks beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Kim said...

Adorable! I love that little fairy image!!